Friday, March 30, 2012

KEN GUNN, DISTRICT 3

It is time for a change in Berkeley County and I am proud to announce my candidacy for the Berkeley County Council district 3 seat.

Throughout my life I have had the privilege of wearing many titles. They include Vietnam veteran, volunteer firefighter, husband, father and grandfather. Another title that I proudly wear is that of Conservative Republican. I am a conservative Republican because I believe that the best way for our county to foster opportunity and remain competitive is through lower taxes and controlling government spending. After researching Councilman Bob Call's record, I was disappointed to discover that he is anything but a conservative. Mr. Call has routinely sided with the Democrats to be the pivotal vote for higher taxes, increased spending and was the deciding vote to close the Goose Creek Satellite office. In other words, he has not been representing the conservative values of his constituents.

If the voters of district 3 give me the privilege to serve as their County Councilman, I promise:

  • I will fight to return 100 percent of property tax relief money back to the taxpayers
  • I will fight to reopen the Goose Creek satellite office
  • I will fight to end the county practice of withholding tax revenues from the Berkeley County School District
  • I will fight for a more open, accountable and transparent county government.

I ask for your vote on Tuesday June 12th and I ask for your help. If you would be willing to volunteer for our campaign please contact me at 843-499-2244 or kengunnbc@gmail.com. This is truly a grass roots effort and together we can take back our county.

God Bless

Ken Gunn

Candidate for Berkeley County Council District 3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EVERY ONE RUNNING PROMISES THEY WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING BUT AFTER GETTING IN, IT NEVER HAPPENS

Nosy Woman from Cross said...

As is always the case, GE&P checks things out before we establish a position. We are following habit with Mr. Gunn's bid. Watch for our take soon.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, I disagree that the promised changes you mentioned NEVER HAPPENS, when I attend most of the Council meetings and see that some elected Council members DO propose changes that I agree with. However generally, when you have a "split" Council with the Chairman, Dan Davis, breaking the tie - what more can I say!! One thing for certain in District 3, the voting record of Mr. Call clearly reflects the fact that any change he supported wasn't beneficial or in the best interest of most Berkeley County citizens! At a minimum, Mr. Gunn deserves his opportunity to prove his commitment!!